“If you abide in My word, you are truly My disciples, and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” John 8:31-32 (ESV)
Part of being a Christian is seeking facts, not feelings. When we know the truth, both heavenly and mortal, we are freed from much worry. Consider these things we don’t need to worry about when we know the truth:
– People are not causing global warming (or cooling)
– Global warming and cooling is, and always has been, within normal, natural weather cycles
– The polar bears are increasing, not dying out.
– The ice caps are not melting outside normal patterns of growth and shrinkage.
– The ozone layer will always be with us as long as there is a sun.
– Mt Kilimanjaro is not losing its snow because of man – it is part of a natural cycle.
– Man can neither save the world nor destroy it. We are far too small and too weak.
– Don’t waste your money buying a hybrid car – they don’t save the planet,
and they cost more per mile to own than gas-only cars the same size.
– You are not going to die because you eat beef or have transfat in your
food. If you eat a balanced diet, it is not what you eat, it is how much you eat.
– Butter is better for you than margarine, and it tastes better.
– Overpopulation is a myth. Every person on the face of the earth could
be put in the sovereign state of Texas, and the population density would
be less than in some areas of some big US cities.
– We are not running out of oil. We just have too much government
in the way of safely getting it out of the ground.
– There is no shortage of health care in the US. There is an overabundance
of goverment getting in the way and driving up costs.